Did you know that the act of being addicted to Twitter is referred to as being ‘attwicted’?
So says Twittonary.com, an online Twitter dictionary and independent guide to Twitter-related words, acronyms and phrases that readers can vote up or down, according to whether they agree with the description.
Marketo used Twittonary’s content to create this infographic, although they missed some juicy input from the original source, such as:
Bulltwitters – Tweeple (Twitter users) who embroider their Tweets with bulltwit (self-explanatory)
Drunktwittering – similar to drunk dialing, just drunk posting on Twitter
Geotweet – tracks the geographical location of the most recent tweets
Mistweet – a tweet one later regrets
Poetweet – a poem that appears in the shape of a tweet; the writing of ‘poetwee’.
And if you’re a smarty-pants with a great idea for a new Twitter-related word, why not add your own?
- Twitter launches advertising API with Adobe, HootSuite, Salesforce.com, SHIFT and TBG Digital as partners
- Twitter wins the Super Bowl and Oreos feature bright, but Facebook loses footing
- TED Initiatives: TED announces winners of the 2013 Ads Worth Spreading challenge
- The psychology of colour in branding: which ones make you mad, bad, and dangerous to know?
- Google enhances AdWords to target location, time, and multi-device campaigns
- Did Monday’s Burger King Twitter hack actually work as a positive for the brand?
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)